Thursday, January 17, 2008

Hey Thelma, Nice Rack!!

I broke down (or I should say, my car broke down), so I had to get a different vehicle. As much as I'd like to be able to live a car free, I am not at a point in my life where I am able to do so. Strangely enough, one of the primary reasons I need a car is to be able to transport my bike to races. This is how/why I was introduced to Thelma, the new lady in my life:

(Disclaimer: women and children should avert their eyes because naked pictures and a description of Thelma's sexy curves follows below.)

Saris Thelma 3 bike rack
Click the pic for the full resolution image.

My Saris Bones 3 bike rack had given me exceptional service on my Alero. However, using the Bones with a trunk or hatchback would require me to either take the rack off or to load the groceries in the front or rear seats... The Bones rack holds bike by their frames and will wear the finish (although this can be prevented with some packing or electrical tape on the frame). The Bones also contacts the car's finish and thus precautions had to be taken to protect that as well, unless your like me and care more about your bikes than your car. Not wanting my vehicle and bikes to get Boned any longer, I initiated a breakup and decided to move on to a new relationship:

Saris Thelma 3 bike rackClick the pic for the full resolution image.

My new woman, Thelma, has a soft touch for the bike by lightly caressing its rubber. She's also hands off when it comes to the car. Thelma is one limber lady as she'll fold up when not in use, yet will still let me get the top glass up on the Vibe. She'll easily bend over for easy access to the rear (of the Vibe that is) or for getting my bicycle threesome on in style.

Thelma has a lifetime warranty; it's always good when you can look forward to a long term commitment! To arrange a meet up with your own Saris Thelma 3-Bike or another fine rack, see the pimps over at Bike Authority. They will gladly hook you up with a 'mail order bride' of your choosing, if the particular rack you're looking for isn't in stock.

5 comments:

Mehul said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Oh dear, she sounds flexible but I do feel a little funny about going to a store and asking for a look see at their assortment of "racks".

Mehul said...

Your rack came with a nice box.

Ray Huang said...

Wheres Louise? Mehul-thats just wrong!!

ds said...

But does she have a good personality??