Monday, September 14, 2009

Results are up from Wendy Park CX

The results have been posted for the Wendy Park CX race which kicked off the Bike Authority CX series. Overall I am satisfied with my results. Although going out to Coventry the night before to watch the Buckeyes blow it against USC wasn't the best pre-race preparation.

Racing the A race after doing the B's was absolutely gruelling (yet still fun in a sick sort of way). My average lap time went from being 7:10 in the B's to just under 7:40 in the A's. Not bad for almost 100 minutes of racing, but at the same time very sobering knowing that I would have been close to getting lapped by Matt Weeks even if I had decided to only race A's. Even though I save just a little for the A race. I've got to wonder how the heck Nate Loman and Dave Chernosky came up with the idea to race both the Portage Lake sprint tri that morning and then still come out for the BA race! Actually that sounds like an awesome idea to me... :-)

SnakeBite Racing had a great showing with 8 guys grunting it out in the B's. Dean had a great showing at his first CX race ever in the middle of the pack for the C's. We also had two women (Sadie and Linda) with strong results in the B Women. But the highlight of the day was certainly Pat & Linda's girls Nicole and Samantha taking both 1st and 2nd in the C - Juniors race.

A huge thanks to the members of Team Lake Effect for setting up a killer course again at a great venue and to Bike Authority for sponsoring the series!

No comments: