Friday, May 11, 2007

Bike Authority rocks!

Having a race tomorrow meant that I had to get the rear shifter cable fixed on my bike ASAP. I called up BA this morning and they said it should be a quick repair to fix the cable and to bring the bike on in.

After looking at the 105 shifter, they noticed that the the cable end which had broken off was stuck in the shifter. They offered to swap out the shifter and I told them that I actually had a spare set of dura ace 10 speed shifters, brakes, and bar tape. Since they were doing the work anyways, they slapped the new stuff on there. While I was there a pair of speedplay X-1 pedals caught my eye. I'd been thinking about getting another pair of carbon soled Sidi's and knew it would be more cost effective to get another set of pedals, instead of just buying a 2nd pair of cleats. The Ti speed plays were in last year's packaging and were $25 less than this year's; a deal too good to pass up.

On another positive note, once I took a look at the 105 shifter at home, I was able to poke the old cable end out from being stuck. It helped that the shifter was no longer on the bike and I was really able to fiddle with it. I'll be looking to use the 105's to upgrade my CX bike to 10 speed later this year.

I almost wish I would have taken in the chichi Easton carbon bar that I have in and had them slap that on too. The only problem there is it's 26mm and I would have had to buy a new stem. Stupid Performance Bike really screwed me over by not sending out the stem I attempted to order from them...

Check out this link for about 20 pic's of me sitting on the front of the pack at RATL: http://huskyphoto.homeip.net/events/cycling/070505/RATL/index.php

I'll be working a little smarter tomorrow and will post results.

1 comment:

Investment Biker said...

Gary,

Congrats on the big win at RATL. Your the man! See you at Chippewa. -Brett