Sunday, August 19, 2007

MS150 / 2 = MS75 day two

Woke up early to the cold morning and RAIN. I had been thoroughly impressed with the awesome weather on Saturday; remarking continually that it had rained during day one of the MS150 for the past 2 years.

My grandpa kindly offered to drive us back to Berea, and we quickly accepted, although I continued to keep my hopes up and threw my kit on under my street clothes. At the high school we ran into Murray as he was leaving. He laughingly called us 'wussies' for not riding, and we smiled and shrugged it off. Having brought no rain gear or stuff for the colder temp, we might have been pussies for not riding, but at least we wouldn't be 'wet wussies'.

It's a REALLY GOOD thing that we wimped out. It rained HARD on the way back on the turn pike, and there was even what would have been a significant head wind to boot. We about froze just for the brief time when we unloaded the bikes from the HHR and put the wheels back on so that Rick's hitch rack could hold them. The temp in Berea was a whopping 56 degrees, and we were VERY thankful for not having to ride in it.

2 comments:

Donny Frey said...

All day Sunday I was thinking about you and Rick riding in rain. Since neither of you had the proper gear it was wise not to ride.

Gary Burkholder said...

You should have been thinking about Jim Nichols, as he didn't wuss out like we did and rode the whole way home! Ughhh, I'm so glad that Rick talked me out of riding back