Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Westlake 8/28/2007 - the quick and dirty



There were 40 riders out, and all the teams were well represented including me, Rick, John, Dave S., and Chris B. from SBR. There were no breaks. I haven't downloaded my Polar data yet, but the average speed was a touch over 26mph (including the warm-up lap).

Everyone from SBR mixed it up at the front during the parts of the race; there was a ton of jockeying for position the whole night. I was not ready for them to ring the bell. I heard it ringing, looked up to see what the prime would be, and there was a '1' showing on the lap card. I was sitting about 30th at this time - NOT GOOD. I managed to find my way into the top 15-20, but I was more worried about getting in a crash than trying to be in position for the sprint.

No comments: