Tuesday, September 25, 2007

BA#1 Kirtland Park



My first CX race this year went pretty well. I was fairly well rested and prepared coming in. A HUGE hat's off to BikeAuthority for taking a look at my bike and fixing the brakes on it just before the race.

The Kirtland course was significantly longer this year, which is good because it was also a lot faster. We ended up doing 8 laps for the 'B' Race. I didn't get a good spot at the line and had to work my way up the whole race. I think out of all the people I passed, there were only 3 people that passed me and made it stick. I had some problems staying upright: I hit my pedal on the off camber turn across the hilltop; I had issues at the bottoms of both sets stair run-ups (including taking a spectacular fall when I slipped).

I was able to keep presure on Rick from lap 3 on, which helped both of us. I might have been able to finish higher, had I gotten a better start and stayed upright, but I am very happy with my first top 10 finish in the Killer 'B' field. The race was very fast and competitive. See the link to Ray's blog for a more detailed write up.




Results are posted on: http://teamlakeeffect.net/default.aspx

Dave Stiner kindly posted photos at: www.flickr.com/benjacat

While I couldn't stay for the whole 'A' Race, I took some pics which are posted here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/gburkhol

No comments: