Thursday, September 20, 2007

More FUN at Westlake

Ahhh - the season is winding down; the days are getting shorter and so are the races. For this week and last it was 13 laps (about 26 miles) of pure enjoyment. Those in the points races (top 20 for A's) are trying to maintain and/or improve position. Most of the rest of us are just trying to hang on for DEAR LIFE.

The races continue to get faster (depending on the breaks and the chases). Rick and I managed to score back to back primes for SBR on Tues - right before a tear your legs off breakaway started. It was like being shot out of a cannon (backwards) as I was launched to the back of the field after the prime I took. Fortunately the field was strung out single file and I had some time to recover without going off the back completely.

I still have to download my Polar data, but I'm particularly interested in the hard turn on the final lap. I definately felt my front tire slide out about 3-4 inches at which point I slowed up a bit and looked down to still see 25+ mph. I've still got to work on getting my line though the appex of the turn.

No comments: