Friday, April 11, 2008

I smell a rat...

Some of you might remember this post:

http://cyclonecross.blogspot.com/2008/01/hey-thelma-nice-rack.html


No, I am not selling my rack and this is not my auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=200214504629#ebayphotohosting


Support your local bike shop, and do not buy from this guy. I've contacted the seller and eBay to have the issue addressed. I'm interested in hearing from some the creative minds of my regulars as to what you would do?



Updated 9/6/08: It's been more than 90 days since the original auction was posted, but the seller is still using my photo for his auctions:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=200207396741
Even after I advised him or her that I had not given my permission for this use.

5 comments:

Mehul said...

Good thing your license plate was not displayed on this site. They are shady, they have a huge seller rating and cannot afford to get legit pictures.
Bozo's...

Gary Burkholder said...

I had dealer tags on the car at the time; otherwise I would have probably blurred it out.

It's not even that they would have to pay for pictures, but at least ask...

ds said...

I thought this same thing happened to a photo of my race bike that I posted a while back. Then I realized it wasn't my photo when I took a closer look. For a moment I felt dirty. And cheap. And used.

JimmyNick said...

Well, ds, just be glad there's no perv leering at a pic of you in your tool shorts.
As for the eBay thing: Any and EVERY time a seller offers to sell to you outside normal eBay channels (e.g. by phone, or by direct non-eBay email) or says he doesn't reply to eBay emails, it is a SCAM. SCAM!
And the fact that you notified eBay and the ad is still up just underscores how poor the supposed "self-policing community" works nowadays.
By the way: Other online classifieds are even bigger sewers of fraud, e.g. Roadbikereview.

Cycling Phun said...

Personal Thought: Nothing a baseball bat couldn't fix.
...use your imagination! ;-)