Monday, July 14, 2008

Lots of crits this week!

This link is dedicated to Cycling Phun. With that said, it's time that this blog returned to its racing roots; I know Rick will be thrilled as well.

Upcoming races this week:
  • Zipp demo at Westlake Tues 7/15
  • a choice of the Lorain Series or Chapel Series on Thrus 7/17
  • the Troy Classic (a 3/4, and separate cat 5) on Sat 7/19
  • Tour d'Burg (State Crit championship with separate III, IV, and V categories) or the Fort Cherry RR (123 and 4/5) on Sun 7/20
  • Just need to save a little for the State RR (with a 3/4, 4/5, or separate cat 5 race) on Sat 7/26 and to make sure to plan for nutrition and hydration appropriately (is it just me or did they shorten the race from last year?)
  • Also the Sweet Corn Challenge is Sun 7/27 and is a fun non-race event which would make a good training or recovery ride.
BTW - If you don't have training or racing plans for Thurs, I'd highly recommend heading out to Lorain. I doubled my race count for 2008 in just one day and for only $12 (the price drops to $7 on subsequent days). See: http://usacycling.org/results/index.php?compid=235538 There is a Crit format to where 3 of the 6 races are done on road bikes. I think my total mileage for the 3 crits was only 15mi (it was basically a lot of interval work). If I hadn't done the 3 track races, I probably would have rode a workout afterwards.

3 comments:

Feel It: The Factory Rider said...

Lorain does sound great! What kind of track bike do you have?

Gary Burkholder said...

I'm currently racing on a Redline 925. (without the fenders, bullhorn bars, or brakes) It's the same bike Sadie used for the first few CX races, before the Broadview Hts mudfest. While it's far from a real track bike, it gets the job done.

-gb

Cycling Phun said...

sorry for the late response, but I have to admit I loved the link! I'm in dire need of finding something to lobby about in cycling though... so ?!