Friday, September 12, 2008

Itchybits - Ode to an Idiot

I just came across a quick post on one of my favorite blogs:

Ode to an Idiot
Posted by a rider in one of our local clubs:"While training , how many of you have been on the receiving end of a smart-a$$ motorist buzzing you while simultaneously holding down the horn and scaring the be-jeez-ems out of you? I'm sure all of you. It happens to me weekly, sometimes more, and I train inside quite a bit. Well, last week, I got one! I was on a short recovery ride riding south on Route 9, close to home, when a white box truck did just that. Bad thing for him was he didn't account on the possibility of stopping for the red light down the road, nor did he think I would be able to stand up and sprint at 30+ to catch up to him at the red light. I caught him, and motioned for him to pull over. He responded with a smile and a double bird. Nice. So I read his plate and said it over and over again until I got home.


How many of you can relate to the above? Trust me, you NEED TO CLICK HERE to find out the rest of the story!!! I know the east siders will get a kick out of this, as well as the west siders and cyclists anywhere else. While I'd rather you leave comments on Betty's blog, feel free to comment here as well.

Have a happy and safe weekend!

2 comments:

ds said...

This story makes me want to become a cop just for the satisfaction she must have gotten from this situation.

Cycling Phun said...

I couldn't become a cop... I'd be likely to shoot too many people. Italian temper, you know...