Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Ritchey Break Away Cyclocross build

DSC_0013.JPG
DSC_0013.JPG,
originally uploaded by inquintessence.
I finally got around to deciding on what I want/need to build up a new Ritchey BAB CX bike. The frame and parts (sans the extra CX crank I ordered) came in Thursday. Rudy at Bike Authority got the BB chased and faced the head tube for me along with installing the BB, fork, headset, brake hanger, stem, seat & post. Rick was kind enough to pickup the frame and set it up on the stand in his garage to work on after I got out of work.

We got the Ritchey compact road crank installed after taking it off of Rick's CX bike and changing the rings out on it. The ITM handlebar from my road bike went on next along with an ultegra rear shifter. Next we took the road tires off my Ritchey Protocol LTD wheelset and put the Ritchey SpeedMax Cross tires on. I've been using these tires for a couple of seasons now, but I've decided to go with the 35mm instead of the 32mm. I also picked up a set of the Ritchey Excavader 35mm tires to try out for muddy conditions.

Once the wheels were on, we did some quick fit adjustments including flipping the stem down.

2 comments:

Ray Huang said...

You will love the feel of steel!!

Rick said...

that's my 2nd favourite bike....the Ritchey Ti 'Cross being the first! You'll love that bike, it's a little stiffer than my Ti but will give the sweet ride of steel. CONGRATS!